CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tick-tock

Please don't tell me Kaysha's single comes to mind when you look at the title.


ANYWAYS! Easter is coming in a few days! Excited?

You shouldn't, because you should always be excited about our Lord ;)

Besides that, I was recently going through some rough times, and got so distracted that i left the tap for the kettle on for too long. I sighed as I saw the flooded kitchen, knowing how much work it would require to dry it back up.

When I tried to take the easy way out of the problem (always seems to be first choice), I realized that the vacuum cleaner was broken. So I dragged myself to bring a mop and pail and start my work.

It was pointless, I told myself. The cleaner had just come yesterday to mop the floor, and here I am doing it again. With every swipe and stroke, the floor didn't seem any drier. But soon, slowly, by meditating on God, the water slowly, slowly collected and dried.

Why tell you pointless stories of my life? Well, because shortly after that (had I gone away frustrated, I would not have) noticed that there was a faint smell lingering in the air. Tracing it, i found out that the gas was being leaked out. And my mom was going to cook later.

I don't know a single thing about cooking, but the smell and all just reminds me of those movies where houses blow up because of gas leaks. I know it can't happen but the point was, I discovered the problem after a little perseverance. Even though I had other things to do, God told me to be still and go on doing that 'useless' chore.

Speaking of blowing up, have you ever wondered how short our life can be? As James had stated in the forth chapter of his book, that our lives are like vapour, have we really considered the magnitude of his words?

Pastor said last sunday that yesterday is history, and there MIGHT NOT BE a tomorrow. All we're left with is today.

So thank God for every day you're alive, because you KNOW very well that He can take your life away anytime He wants, whether or not you're ready for judgement.

---

Another thing I thought of while erm..doing my sejarah homework was. : we constantly pray for the nation. We pray for our Muslim friend's salvation. But are we ready for it?

The idea struck me gradually and the more I thought of it the more it makes sense. God placed us here in this very education system so we can learn their language and therefore, preach Christ to them!

Think about it. I'm itching to get my hands on a BM version of the bible, Al-Kitab. Can't find any yet...any ideas on where to look?

Lets continue working together, fighting for change in Malaysia. And let every action count.

1 comments:

Lim Yi Shien said...

my dad has the malay version of the bible