CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, March 22, 2010

Can I say the Lord's Prayer?

I cannot say OUR,
if I live in a watertight spiritual compartment;
if I think a special place in heaven is reserved for my denomination.
I cannot say FATHER,
if I do not demonstrate the relationship in my daily life.
I cannot say WHO ART IN HEAVEN,
if I am so occupied with the earth that I am laying up no treasure there.
I cannot say HALLOWED BE THY NAME,
if I, who am called by his name, am not holy.
I cannot say THY KINGDOM COME,
if I am not doing all in my power to hasten its coming.
I cannot say THY WILL BE DONE,
if I am questioning, resentful of, or disobedient to his will for me.
I cannot say ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,
if I am not prepared to devote my life here to his service.
I cannot say GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD,
if I am living on past experience.
I cannot say FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US,
if I harbour a grudge against anyone.
I cannot say LEAD US NOT INTO TEMPTATION,
if I deliberately place myself in a position where I am likely to be tempted.
I cannot say DELIVER US FROM EVIL,
if I am not prepared to fight it in the spiritual realm with the weapon of prayer.
I cannot say THINE IS THE KINGDOM,
if I do not accord the King the disciplined obedience of a loyal subject.
I cannot say THINE IS THE POWER
if I fear what people may do or what my neighbours may think.
I cannot say THINE IS THE GLORY
if I am seeking glory for myself.
I cannot say FOR EVER AND EVER,
if my horizon is bounded by the things of time.
I cannot say AMEN,
if I do not also add "cost what it may". For to say this prayer honestly will cost EVERYTHING.
By Author Unknown


Do you really mean everything you pray?

YiShien

0 comments: