CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Curious

Hi guys. Faithful readers, brothers and sisters in the Lord Jesus Christ, as well as fellow friends and guests who read this blog. God bless you all :)

I'm curious. Have you ever wondered the mysteries of the world? Well, lets expose one of them today.

Ever watched a korean/japanese drama? Or even a malay/chinese/english one? Blockbusters or romantic movies? There's even a movie called Valentine's Day hitting the cinema's now. Ever wonder why people always pay so much to watch those love stories?

Yet, they all almost end up cliche'd. You could tell the ending just before you watch it, yet somehow theres a certain magnetizing force dragging and prompting you to watch it anyway. Its nice to watch love stories; it gives you fuzzy feelings; it makes you feel good, etc, etc.

Why do you watch them? Why do I watch them? I don't know. Just for fun? Entertainment? To fill in the emptiness where love was supposed to be? Or just to pick up some dating skills from the theaters *hint hint*

Well. Mention a well-known love story like Titanic and everybody would know it. People would love it or hate it, but they know it.

Mention a love story like Jesus, and people will either get angry, excited or stare at you blankly.

Why is the most powerful love story ignored when all the other cliched events of life's love being replayed get all the attention?

Sure, we love a good love story where the hero/heroine breaks off from their partner through some manner and for some reason get back together *aww*. But think about it. In Jesus's love story, we are the ones that try to get away from God.

And God, loving us so much, sent His only Son to us. For free. Even when we rejected Him, He died for us.

In movies, we may tear up or cry when a touching scene involving separation or death occurs. In the cross, many people hold contempt or apathy against it. Why?

Is it because the cross is so powerful that it exposes all human intent, yet at the same time displays the purest of love?

People can read fantasy romance novels like Twilight and yet never touch the TRUE love story of our Lord Jesus. He's calling out to you, knocking at your door, waiting for you to respond, as a long-lost lover waits for his partner. He waits patiently. He doesn't fret.

I don't understand why earthly love stories can trump the greatest one ever told. And if it has been told, it deserves much more a place than our minds and our eyes; it deserves our lives and our hearts.

Dear Lord Jesus, please forgive me of my sins, for I have ignored You constantly. Lead me back to Your ways, and help me walk closely to You as a sheep to his Shepherd. Lead me to quiet streams and make me lie down; let my heart not be troubled as I trust in You, my Lover. I thank You and praise You..from the bottom of my wretched heart. Amen...

0 comments: