CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 8, 2010

Blessed conviction

It has been a wonderful and very humbling weekend for me, with God beating every circumstance for my heart's desire to be fulfilled. But trust me, it didn't go without trial and despair and low spirits. But after this great display of love that God has shown me, I finally realized just how much God loves us.


And I know I will never be able to fully comprehend and understand the width, depth and length of God's love for us, but my recent experience opened doors of insight that led to a whole new path of light, shining from our Heavenly Father.

I thought about it. About three years ago, I was nobody. I was a Christian, but only by name. I thought good works could get you to heaven, but even then I didn't make an effort for it. I was game for popularity, self-glory and self-justification, fleeing judgement when it arose and basking in flattery at every mention.

I was destructive, and I was destroyed. I was immoral, I was tainted, but yet I went on in sin. I walked in darkness, away from our Light Jesus Christ. It all didn't change over night, but through camps, through form 2's CF, through all the humbling experiences, God has truly taken me from the miry clay and set my feet upon the rock.

I was utter and complete darkness. I didn't know my Savior. I didn't bother to. I lived for myself. My eyes were haughty and my legs were shifty, my mind constantly plotting sins and devious plans for evil.

What did I do to receive the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, Prince of Peace, King of Glory, Bright morning Star, the Worthy Lamb? What did I do for His crucifixion?

This is love; that when we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

I realized today. Once again, in a whole new light, how God has been giving us 100% before we were even born, and how He still answers our prayers (even though we already have salvation!) and continues giving us 100%, and ONLY asks of our 10%, and even then, many of us don't even give that kind of commitment! I don't! But through my testimony, God has proved Himself to be exceedingly faithful.

When we are faithless, God is faithful, for God cannot go against His faithfulness. Let man be faithless, but God is faithful.

I can testify to His grace. He continuously gave, and gave, and gave. Poured out His heart and His life for me. For ME. A sinner, a lowly servant who deserves to bury his head in the ground and chew the dust for all I'm worth.

Instead of condemning me, my God gave me a second chance, third, fourth and so on. He never gave up on me, always believing that one day I'd turn my heart back to Him. For if we confess our sins, He is faithful to forgive us.

He took me away from my spiral of destruction, AND put me up high on the Rock of foundation. He strengthened me, put me in positions of power, blessed me, taught me, rebuked me, and above all, loves me.

I feel so, very undeserving. I can only bow my head down low and proclaim that MY LORD IS GREAT.

BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD. HE IS REAL IN MY LIFE, AND HE CAN BE REAL IN YOUR LIFE TOO.

THE HEAVENS AND EARTH PROCLAIM YOUR GLORY, YOUR MAJESTY, AND YOUR UNFAILING LOVE. TO YOU BE ALL GLORY AND POWER AND KINGDOM, FOREVER AND EVER!

Thank You Lord. Thank You...I just wanted to share how faithful He is in my life. Thanks guys if you have made it this far. I pray that all of us will walk in Christ, being found spotless in times of tribulation, forever praising His holy name.

God, Your name is holy. We beat our breasts and ask for Your forgiveness and Spirit to rain down on us. Let this nation praise Your holy name!

0 comments: