CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, October 24, 2010

What is the Gospel

Go around your church and ask this question: "Could you explain the Gospel to me?" You will be definitely be surprised by the diversity in the answers you get. Try explaining the gospel to your friends and see!

I for one had no idea where to start when a friend of mine asked me that question. I didn't really know what to talk about. Do I tell them about church? I think sin comes into the picture somewhere... Do I bring up hell and judgement? What do I say about the Holy Spirit? Most of the time, I just keep quiet and say nothing. "It's been raining quite heavily these few days, hasn't it?" I politely shift the topic.

It wasn't till much later when I picked up this pamphlet at a conference when I realised that the Gospel of Jesus Christ was so much more simpler than I thought it was!

Click here to check out what I learnt. Personally, this has changed the way I understood Christianity as well as the way I approach non-Christians. I now know what my trust is built on, and I can confidently say that I'm not ashamed of it!

0 comments: