CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, May 7, 2010

Wake Up Call

Dear all, I'm Daniel Hong Aan Lee, Form 5, Secretary of the SMK(L) Methodist Kuala Lumpur @ MBSSKL's Christian Fellowship and this is my first post on this blog. I would first like to congratulate the Administrators of the NSCF Blog for working very hard on their postings.



Here's my story brothers and sisters,



Today, I coordinated a special prayer activity during my CF meeting at 1.25pm, after splitting the students (aged between 13-17) into three different groups, each led by a ''Senior'', I ''happened'' to have taken a group with many ''rotten apples'' to lead. As the allocation of groups were random, I had no complain, initially. No doubt they are good Christians, decent boys and all. BUT... What made me furious was the attention these ''rotten apples'' gave me throughout my session. Our prayer topics included praying for the world (persecuted Christians in various parts of the earth), the country (the problems Malaysians face and current issues), MBSSKL...etc



And what were these ''rotten apples'' doing? Disrupting my lecture with all sorts of nonsense, while there are still a number of those students who really want to gain benefit from God's message. I being the ''tool of God'' must in some way gain their attention in the importance of praying. The ''rotten apples'' consisted of CF members aged 15 and below (which basically means Form 3 and below). I'm rather disappointed that they didn't give me my due respect and give their utmost attention for God's message behind my lecture. I applaud those boys in my group who made an effort to shut those ''rotten apples'' up and now I appeal to every Christian young and old to show respect to those who lead sessions, be it in CF or YF. EVERY PERSON deserves respect and if anyone wants to be respected, he/she has to GIVE respect.



More importantly, the topic which I referred to was on PRAYER!!! Which in fact, as Christians should value these things with high regard and be serious with these sort of topics. Because God values EVERY SINGLE prayer.



So now, with my most humblest appeal, I urge all those who tend to make a nuisance in CF to please think twice and to

WAKE UP!!!!

Show some respect and compassion for those who lead sermons, church/CF activities, because being funny during serious issues like those stated, is not Christ-likeness. Once again, I would like to praise the hardwork of all you CF leaders out there who work so hard to be the Salt and Light of this world. Don't give up and always keep praying. God bless you all.



ORA ET LABORA,

Daniel Hong Aan Lee

4 comments:

dy said...

It might seem like a coincidence, but i think it was God's will because MY cf had a prayer/worship session today, too..
And i understand your situation, bro...how I wish they could just take God's presence more seriously sometimes..

To the intended, don't be disheartened, God is ever-forgiving.
To the 'victims', keep up the good work, guys! God is creating change in Malaysia even as we speak.

e d w i n (: said...

Hey(: Was just reading your post. Well,I think It's perfectly normal for a Leader to face such situations where you meet people who creates troubles and distractions.It's totally normal.I guess Leaders' of CF/YF or your seniors would definitely agree with me.Because God will not only give us Comfort but also Challenges in life.Challenges that draw us more closer to Him.Look at the positive side, maybe God wants you to learn something from this situation? I mean "God won't give you something that you can't handle" True? Sometimes we just need to persevere and be patient when situations like this rises.It's true that they should respect prayer, but do bear in mind that they are still young,(form 3 and below?) maybe some even Spiritually Young.I am not saying because they're young, it's an excuse.But sometimes, just remember that EVERYONE is going through a growing process including you and I.We grow from every bad habits/attitude or even hatred we use to hold onto. Right?

So what we can do if ever such situation rises again?
I suggest you to pray consistently that God will give you enough patience to face these type of challenges and keep them in your prayers. Well,maybe you could also talk to them Personally about it,as they would probably feel offended if you scold them publicly.Talk to each of them privately.Trash things out.Most importantly,ALWAYS look the good side in them,stop looking the negative side,it won't do any better to such situations.God always see the good side in us too isn't it? We're sinners (:

Just one thing I would like to add on saying, you said: I ''happened'' to have taken a group with many ''rotten apples'' to lead.I personally think there's no such thing that you "happened" to lead those people.God planned you to be there.God sees the potential in you that you can handle them.Ya?Btw,I'm not very comfortable with you describing them as " rotten apples"? No hard feelings,but if they were, we are TOO because we are all sinners.We only sin in different ways. Agree? (:

A word of encouragement:
Continue in what you are doing, God sees you.Be more patient.Slow to anger, Rich in Love.Always thank God for the people you have in your group.Lastly, don't be disheartened.Once disheartened, you leave a foothold for Satan to strike you. so Cheers! (: Continue do great works for Him!
“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.”- 1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

**Comments stated above is just a passing remark, not meant to bring anyone down(:

D Hong said...

Thank you so much for your comments and support, Dylan and Edwin. May the both of you continue to grow and serve our LORD.

Unknown said...

D Hong,

1 Thessalonians 5:14.